Art Series Final Idea

This has probably been one of the hardest art projects I have ever done. Even though the overall theme "Mental Illness" and there is among many different ideas out there to do I just could not think of one until the week it was due.

I am sorry for the delay but I finally have an idea. 
My idea is to take my huge canvas and in the middle in a thought bubble have "I'm not worth it", and then throughout the entire background repeated have "You are worth it". Every second writing will be written from another student/teacher/family/friend. I chose to do that because that means there is more than just one person looking out for you and willing to help a person with a mental illness. 
Its to show that people with a mental disorder/illness strongly believe to them self that they are not worth it.. but in all honesty, EVERYBODY is worth it. No matter who you are, what you do in life, you ARE worth it. I did this idea all for my sister because she believes she is not worth it and all i keep saying to her is "you're worth it Toria, don't you ever think different". I just want people to know that they are worth living, there is not a single bone in my body to tell otherwise. There's always help and always will be help. 

Here is a collage of a few people that have all contributed to my art so far. 

Here is a picture of what it looks like so far...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who decides if you are an artist?

3 Part Art Series (continuation)

Fibromyalgia Diagnoses